|HVL Filter Testing Sets.|
|Because type-1100 aluminum is only 99.0% pure, the remaining 1% of impurities can give an HVL value which is up to 7.5%
lower than those measured with pure aluminum.|
When doing HVL measurements with a mammography unit, it is recommended that the highest purity aluminum be used. The "Ultra-High Purity" version satisfies this recommendation.
Typical Weight: 0.15 lbs (0.06 kg)
Filter is made with copper. Front is acrylic and back is polycarbonate.
Quanity discounts available on orders of 10+ of the same model.
|HVL Filter Testing Set.|
Sets of high and standard purity aluminium and/or copper plates for testing Half Value Layer.
|HVL Filter Holder and Filter Sets.|
The new Ludlum L-435 HVL Filter Holder is designed to simplify the routine HVL measurement process. For years the
method of attaching the HVL filters to the x-ray collimator involved using large quantities of medical/surgical tape.
While tape does do the job, it also tends to destroy the thinner aluminum filters; particularly the high purity
The Model L-435 HVL Filter Holder eliminates the need to use tape to attach the HVL filters to the collimator housing.
The Filter Holder consists of a polycarbon base 9.5" x 9.5". Permanently bonded to the center of the base plate is an acrylic pocket, open on one side and designed to hold a standard or high purity Al Filter set. The polycarbon material is easily cut with a standard utility knife or sheers to accommodate the two most common collimator track sizes in a given department. The base may also be attached with the provided hook & loop type strips for odd sized collimators. In either case the filters themselves are protected from damage associated with the application and removal of heavy medical/surgical tape.
99-9427: The CR/DR TG-116 Filter Holder Set is designed to simplify the filtration requirements needed to achieve the needed beam hardening conditions necessary to reach the desired Exposure DI for the various anatomical views being established.
The copper filter is permanently bonded to the polycarbonate base material. The copper filter is covered with an acrylic pocket. The pocket, open on one side, will hold all the provided filters. The polycarbonate material is easily cut with a standard utility knife or sheers to accommodate the two most common collimator track sizes in a given department.
Base Material: Polycarbonate 9.5" x 9.5"
Filter Pocket: Acrylic, 10.2 mm x 10.2 mm x 9 mm H
Plate Size: 10cm x 10cm